Will you be entering the Health & Wellbeing Awards?
Royal Society for Public Health is an independent charity dedicated to the promotion and protection of collective human health and wellbeing. They run an annual awards scheme for promoting health and wellbeing and this year’s awards will close for entries 25 April 2019.
The Awards recognise and celebrate a wide range of activities, policies and strategies that empower communities and individuals, improve the population’s health and address the wider social determinants of health.
There are seven categories representing the breadth and reach of public health projects and programmes:
- Arts & Health Award
- Children & Young People Award
- Community Health Development Award
- Health & Wellbeing in Workplaces
- Healthier Lifestyles Award
- Health on the High Street Award
- Public Mental Health & Wellbeing Award
The assessment criteria are based on the principles of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion and subsequent international declarations which call for action to achieve ‘Health for All’.
- For a better national understanding of the importance of sleep
- For quality sleep support to be available for families
- For sleep to be recognised as a vital component of mental health
Offering sleep support to families helps to support their physical, emotional and mental well-being.
When a child is having sleep issues it can impact on all areas of their development including their emotional, physical and mental health. Our training is suited to professionals working in a range of roles, we are trusted to train the NHS, education and residential staff and those in family support roles.
Talking of sleep, take a look at….