What’s been in the news just lately?
- A new documentary reveals literacy obstacles facing white working-class boys.
- The Independent reports that Dr Belinda George, a headteacher from Texas, wants her students to continue learning after school ends so has started reading bedtime stories to them on a Facebook livestream. She films herself reading a children’s book in her living room in her pyjamas every Tuesday evening, which anyone can watch on Homer Drive Elementary School’s Facebook page.
- The BBC report that schools in Wales will be given an extra Inset day each year for the next three years under plans announced by Education Minister Kirsty Williams.Hardly seems adequate when they are experiencing curriculum overhaul.
- The Independent report a Birmingham primary school has urged parents to stop holding weekly protests at its gates, after a group objected to their children being taught about LGBT+ equality.
- Children give out fake parking tickets to polluting parents.
- Knife crime has never been in the news as much and Theresa May is being warned that a “broken” system of support for troubled and excluded youngsters lies at the heart.